Premier is excited to announce that Sonoran Boulevard: 15th Avenue to Cave Creek Road has been awarded the American Public Works Association (APWA) National Transportation Project of the Year Award in the $25M-$75M category.
Premier was the lead design consultant for the entire length of the project and completed the final design of the central 2.5 mile segment. Michael Baker and Dibble designed the east and west ends respectively. Haydon, as the CMAR contractor, was responsible for the construction of this transportation corridor. The teamwork between the consultants, contractor and the City resulted in a beautiful, 7-mile functional roadway with undisturbed desert on all sides, beautiful pedestrian bridges, artwork that makes the concrete barriers seem to seamlessly blend with the surrounding beauty, and a detached 5-mile shared use path.
In addition to this prestigious award, Sonoran Boulevard has received the following awards:
- American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC) Arizona –Award of Merit
- ACEC Arizona – People’s Choice Award
- Arizona General Contractors (AGC) Build Arizona Award, New Construction, Projects Greater than $10M
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) Region 8 – Honorable Mention
- APWA Arizona – Transportation Project of the Year Award in the $25M-$75M category
- Engineering News Record (ENR) Southwest – Award of Merit, Highways and Bridges
- American’s for the Arts – Outstanding Public Art Project Created in 2013